Tiga Mata is a bi-annual Southeast Asian photography zine published by Zontiga, a creative hub for photography enthusiasts located in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Aimed at inspiring the community within the region and creating visibility for photo-related artists, Tiga Mata hopes to showcase different perspectives and embrace the diverse way we see the world.
Tiga Mata - Open Call for Issue #1: VIVACIOUS
Calling all Southeast Asian photographers and photo-related artists with a passion for capturing life's vibrant moments! Tiga Mata is excited to announce our first open call theme is… VIVACIOUS.
What does ‘vivacious’ mean to you? It's a word that embodies energy, enthusiasm, and a zest for life. We want to see your photographs come alive with the spirit of vivacity, whether it's depicting the vibrant colours of a bustling cityscape, the infectious laughter shared among friends, or the sheer joy of a child chasing bubbles.
But being ‘vivacious’ does not always have to be loud. Life and vigour also exist in still life and nature, and something seemingly mundane can bring one both peace and excitement.
Our inaugural issue will be curated by Malaysian photojournalist Noi Chin.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!
Thank you everyone who submitted their works! Successful applicants will be informed by mid-December 2023, with Tiga Mata #1 set to be released in Q1 of 2024.
- Southeast Asian Nationality
- Photographers of all levels (hobbyists, amateurs, professionals) and photo-related artists, including alternative processes and photo mixed media.
- Photographs may be taken on film or digital—and we also accept alternative processes.
- All works need to be submitted digitally, regardless of its original format (e.g. film photographs should be scanned).
- Applicants below the age of 16 will be required to submit a letter of consent from their legal parent or guardian.