Zontiga Photobook Grant 2022 (Closed)
We love photobooks… and we would love to see more coming out of Malaysia! Hence in support of photographers who need additional funding to produce their photobooks, we are proud to announce the first Zontiga Photobook Grant in 2022!
Submission Deadline: 30 April 2022 - Closed now!
- To promote the photobook as a way to present one’s body of work.
- To encourage the art of publishing, photobook making, and photography as a physical art in Malaysia.
- To offer artists funding to complete the production of their photobook.
- To give artists a platform to present and sell their works via our website and store.
- Monetary support up to RM5000 to complete the production of the selected photographer’s photobook.
- Marketing on our social media platforms.
- Book listing at Zontiga (standard rate of commission applies for all sales).
Panel of Judges
The Zontiga Photobook Grant 2022 awardee will be selected by a panel of judges:
- Hafiz Hamzah (Obscura)
- Faisal Aziz (Photobook Club Kuala Lumpur)
- Soraya Yusof Talismail (Kokopelli books)
- Lau Wen Huat (Zontiga)
- As the grant only covers the production of the photobook, the successful candidate should have a completed body of work, ready to be published in 2022.
- The grant will only be awarded to not-yet published projects.
- The Zontiga Photobook Grant is open to artists/photographers of all nationalities working or residing in Malaysia.
- Proposals that have been well researched, and projects with engaging stories, strong concepts, and interesting design will be given priority.
There are two parts to the submission process:
Please send the following (PDF format) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Zontiga Photobook Grant 2022’.
- Project statement about your photobook
- Artist CV/Biography
- Intended book size, pages, dimensions, print run (quantity), print type, paper type, etc
- Photobook cover and layout samples
- Rough outline of how you will use the funding (budget details about printing, etc)
- Proposed timeline of execution
A physical mock up of your photobook is required and should be close to completion (if not completed already).
Please send your physical mock-up to:
PHOTOBOOK GRANT 2022
21A, Jalan 20/13, Taman Paramount,
46300 Petaling Jaya,
Please put the subject ‘Photobook Grant 2022’ on the envelope and provide your return address on the back.
Return of physical mock-ups
- At the end of the judging period, photobook mock-ups can be collected from Zontiga during operation hours.
- Alternatively, we can return the mock-up via post (postage cost to be borne by the applicant).
- All uncollected books will be destroyed 30-days after announcing the 2022 grant awardee.
- The chosen book project should mention Zontiga as a supporter and include the shop’s logo in a suitable place in the photo book.
- A total of five signed copies should be reserved for Zontiga.
- The successful applicant should be prepared to participate in activities arranged by Zontiga relating to the photobook grant (e.g. book launch, publicity events).
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the photobook grant.
Good luck! :)