Experience the process of Kanta Portraits, make positive prints, and bring colours through various alternative processes and mediums to Black & White photo papers.
This tutorial format class will cover Jeff’s unique method of printing, making positives, controlling contrast, producing colours & toning, pattern-making and mixed media, with the use of basic tools and materials available.
Learn the secrets of this alternative process!
- Hands on, open to novice, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Each participant will make and receive their art print.
- All materials and apparatus will be provided.
- A basic understanding of the darkroom process with BW photo printing is an advantage.
- This is the second of a two part workshop, the previous workshop (Instant Portrait with Kanta Box Kamra) is specifically on operating the box camera and making a portrait.
Participants can repeat this workshop to advance technically, from the use of enlarger, alternative methods and learning other forms of art printing with BW photo paper.
This workshop has 3 different modules. 'Toning with the Sun' is Module 1.
1. Toning with the Sun (solar and cyanotype, negative & pattern template, snatch drying & area fixing)
2. Painting in the tones (oil pencils, turpentine oil, coloured crepe paper, fixer / developer brush tip, and acrylic paint & ink)
3. Collage of Masking (pattern template, multiple exposures, masking template & fluid)