Realise a simple self-published photobook (or zine) by understanding the intentions through creative processes, balanced with the feasibility of timeline, budgeting for production and marketing plan.
This workshop is split into two main parts:
- A discussion on objectifying the concepts.
- A tutorial on materialising a mockup for publication.
Explore concepts, art directions, preparing layout flow & artwork files, to working with designers & printers, and produce a hand-bound ‘blind’ mockup book.
- Each participant will produce an online worksheet (and layout flow), and create a ‘blind’ mockup book at actual size (estimation of 80 pages/A5 to 48 pages/A4 size).
- All mockup tools and materials will be provided.
Prerequisites/What to bring?
This workshop is open to all levels, but participants with an organised body of work(s) would benefit the most.
- A Google account with access to products such as gmail, slides, docs, photos, drive.
- Being handy with paper cutting and stitching.
Own laptop with wifi capabilities required.
- An empty notebook.
Jeffrey Lim is a communication designer by training, specialising in print & book design. He has more than 10 years experience in visual identity and has recently curated an exhibition on Malaysian photobooks held in Taipei. Collecting over 120 books, mentoring four photobooks with a total of eleven produced photobooks, commissioned for the exhibition.