Kanta Portraits: Instant Portraits w/ Kanta Box Kamra
Experience the process of Kanta Portraits and the traditional practices of ‘large format’ photography and darkroom printing all within a box.
Learn the secrets of Jeff’s methods and alternative processes!
What this workshop covers:
Operating a box camera or large format camera
- Composition with a box camera
- Portrait making with basic lighting available
- Processing instantly with silver-gelatin photo papers
- Each participant will make and receive a self portrait print
- Large format & box cameras
- Chemicals and materials
Who can join?:
- Open to novice, intermediate and advanced photographers
- A basic understanding of achieving focus, exposure with aperture, shutter speed and ISO are an advantage.
Knowing how to take light meter reading via a phone app is also a plus.
- Participants can repeat this workshop to advance technically, learning to use more challenging cameras and advanced methods.
This is the first of a two part workshop, the following workshops are specifically focused on printing and making positive prints.